Monday, July 23, 2007

Its been a busy fun time for me and the children at Summer Recreation. We had a visit from the fire Department and they treated the children to the WALL OF WATER. The children were so happy and it was on one very hot day last week, so the water was enjoyed by all. It was so much fun that it made the front page of the local newspaper and my grandson is right in that picture. I was thrilled to see him. I bought 6 copies of the paper to share with his parents and my other children.


We have all sorts of fun there, crafts and games everyday. Trips to different places, last week we visited the Firemens museum, next week we are going to a Water Park. Can't wait.
Here is my grandson and his friend relaxing in our Bounce house.


I managed to spend a few hours stitching on my mystery sampler last night and I enjoyed it so much. Its really coming along and I am almost caught up. Almost I said, I have a couple more pages to be caught up. I recently joined in a SAL where we will stitch a Prairie Schooler Wreath. I have my chart and fabric all ready to go and I am so excited. I need to check on the day we are supposed to start I believe its this week. I love stitching anything Christmassy or for Halloween.

I just received a very sweet tuck pillow from Cathy as a thank you gift for sending her some floss for a big project she is working on. Thank you so much Cathey, I love it and I am searching for the perfect project to stitch for it.
I have so many projects in the works but I recently got a very lovely tablecloth as a gift from my daughter Katie, it has lots of pears and strawberries on it and looks lovely on my dining room table. I then remembered my Little House Needleworks thread packs, Pears and another Strawberries, so I have decided to start with Pears and stitch it up into a little hanging pillow for my china hutch. I think it will look great in there and then also make the strawberry one. This is the start of it and I am stitching it on a 18count fabric. Can't' wait to finish it and hang it up.

Here is my tablecloth, we were having a little party the other night and I used it, but I hurried up and folded it up and put it away to keep it nice till my 2 little pillows are stitched.


Good night all and hope you all have a great week, and get lots of stitching done. xoxox

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sharon-love your table cloth! The LHN Pears will be so neat hanging in your china cabinet. I never think to do things like that.

janice said...

Good morning Sharon,

Enjoyed catching up with your blog this morning. Loved the Wall of Water photo.

Stitching-by-Jean said...

That wall of water looks so cool.. literally. I think even the adults would have blast.

Sue said...

Those tuck pillows are great, I think the LHN pattern will look great with your tablecloth ;)

Unknown said...

You've made excellent progress on your LHN. I have these too, but none are started.

Pumpkin said...

Boy Sharon, have you stopped yet? Water sounds SO good right now. It's SO hot and humid here :o( That is neat about your grandson. You wouldn't happen to be a proud Grandma would you???? ;o)

I'm glad you liked the pillow tuck :o) I hope you can use it!