Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My first September Finish

Here it is: Pumpkins by Little House Needleworks. I think I took the picture too close so its kind of fuzzy. LOL but its a pretty design and didn't take long at all. The pretty fabric behind it is what I am going to use to finish it for a gift for someone.

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Halloween. I hope to have a Halloween party this year so I need to start planning. Every year I buy more decorations to add to my collection. I love vintage looking Halloween things especially.
So over the weekend I picked up these few items. I just love this little plump witch. My husband thought she was a horror but thats all the more reason why I like her. I think she is cool looking.


In addition I found this lovely boot, I am sure I will find a place for it. Some witch is riding around with one of her boots, so I am hoping she will stop by here on Halloween to fetch it.

I also got some fabric to make some Halloween & Autumn kitchen curtains. The autumn fabric is just sooo pretty. It has shiny gold areas, I think I am going to love making this curtain and will save a bit for backing fabric for some autumn crosstitch finishes.


Today is such a nice day out. Since school is starting on Thursday I took the children in the pool for a swim today and we had fun but didn't stay in too long. Though its warm and sunny out once in awhile a cool wind would pass and we all were a little chilly so we didn't stay in long. My husband is anxious to close the pool up for the season but I am trying to hold off since sometimes we have a few really hot days in September. Leaves are starting to change already so maybe there won't be much of an indian summer this year.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee, that boot is hilarious, I love it!! Pumpkins looks great!!

Melissa said...

Sharon! I love the boot!! The jackolantern fabric will make very cool curtains! The other is pretty but you know me, I love me some Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Pretty stitching but I have to agree with your husband - that witch is freaky nightmare material lol.

Pumpkin said...

Congrats Sharon! I can't wait to see how you finish it :o)

I just LOVE that pumpkin fabric! Can you tell that I love pumpkins????

Anonymous said...

That BOOT is way cool!!! Love the fabrics too and your pumpkin design and fabric are so nice!!

Nancy said...

Your Pumpkins is beautiful Sharon, and I'll look forward to seeing the photo of the design finished. I love the witch's boot (hope her foot isn't cold!), and the witch is very cool! Isn't Halloween fun?

Solstitches said...

That's a pretty finish Sharon and the fabric you chose is perfect.
It sounds as though you are right in the mood for Halloween.
Have fun with your preparations and I hope the witch comes flying by to claim her boot.
Margaret

Anita said...

you have some nice finds. The fabric is very pretty. The pumpkins stitched piece is just darling. I am looking forward to some cooler weather for sure.

Anonymous said...

Beautifull!!!!!
Hugs
françoise

Sachiko said...

Hi
Pumpkins by LHN is sooo cute!!
I am envious of Halloween party. I think that children are very pretty in disguise. Only some people yet celebrate the Halloween in Japan. I think that the doll of this Vintage is very pretty!I think in a very good expression!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Loved the biscornu for Siobhan. You sure have finished up quite a few of those. Your plans for Halloween sound wonderful. I put an enormous chrysanthemum on the front porch today and anxiously await the cornstalks and pumpkins which will follow shortly.

Tyler and Tori look thrilled about school! That Tori looks so much like you.

Have a stitchy week,
Janice