Sunday, May 25, 2008

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY



Happy Memorial day weekend to all. What a great weekend it is. The weather has been so nice. When we were children we anxiously awaited Memorial Day as the day the beaches opened. What fun it was. We use to go out to Coney Island and have the greatest time. My sisterinlaw remembering those days took a walk on the boardwalk today and called me and my husband up to tell us all about it. It was great to hear the sounds of Coney Island in the background. Brought us back memories of many happy times years ago. I am anxious to get outside and enjoy the nice weather. Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned with family friends, or alone.
Whatever you are doing please take a moment to remember our servicemen and women.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend Sharon :o) Happy Memorial Day to you!

Susan in SC said...

Haqppy Memorial Day to you too! I hope you are enjoying really nice weather. Feel better soon!