Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Birthday, America!!


Happy Independence Day, everybody, anything special planned? Other then our usual barbecuing I don't think we have anything special to do. Maybe tonight we will go see the local fireworks displays. That should be fun. But its so gloomy out, looks like a storm is brewing.
My BIL has been visiting with us since Saturday past. He is on vacation and came to spend some time with my husband. I am so glad that they have had this time together. In preparation for his visit, I gave my sewing/guest room a good cleaning and overhauling, which was very enjoyable since all my stash is in there. I never mind going in there and going through all my goodies. I came across a UFO by Need'L love and recalled starting it many years ago. What a cute little pilgrim girl. I couldn't resist and I sat down there and finished it. LOL Now why couldn't I do that years ago. It has to be at least 10 years old. Well, its done now and I am going to attempt to make it into a standup. Wish me luck. I also started on the boy pilgrim.
There are also patterns in the leaflet for indians, I am thinking how wonderful they would be to make for my granddaughter to play with around Thanksgiving. Oh SHockers I know, who would let grandchildren play with their stitching? LOL I just think they are nice and chunky and would make great little dolls. What do you think? Am I crazy?


I have been running around a lot this week it seems, but it wasn't so bad. I did manage to have some stitching time squeezed in there. I also finished up two swaps and I can't post pictures today because I don't want to give a sneak preview to the recipients. I also worked on another giftie.
I also am thrilled with my Vierlanden Mystery. I picked it up from the framers and I need to take a picture of it to share, I also need to find the perfect spot to hang it. ITS HUGE! but very pretty and the colors I chose makes it sort of patriotic too. Will post that picture this afternoon. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks about it.
Did everyone get the August Just Crosstitch? It has a few very pretty ornaments in it to get us started on 2008 ornies. The Ornament issue I think isn't due out till the end of August/early September, so there are a few nice ornies to keep us busy while we wait impatiently for the ornament issue. Sue Hillis' design is especially appealing to me, even if its over one. I can't wait to stitch it and I may even start that this weekend. Another by Blue Ribbon designs, thats it on the upper right of the cover, thats a nice one too.

Hope you have a wonderful day. I am off to start some salads and to search for a perfect spot for my mystery. Will be back later with pics. Love to all.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

She's adorable! I think it would be a neat idea to make them into dolls.

Yup, got mine :o)

I want to thank you again for all your support Sharon. Hugs!

Annemiek said...

Wouldn't you know, I just came across this same chart this week. A friend of mine loves everything Thanksgiving and I've been thinking of stitching the dolls for her.
Annemiek