Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First finish of 2010 & a Giftie


I had so much fun stitching this and then putting it together. Tanya included directions for a Herringbone stitch so thats what I stitched all the way around and she was right it was just what it needed. They do look like little laces.

Here is another view of it

I am going to print these out for my stitching album.

I also wanted to share a special ornament that my sister friend Siobhan made me. We both love these Prairie Schooler Santas, and she surprised me with this one. Isn't it darling. I just love it. I should have taken a picture of the back too. It is finished perfectly with a wool houndstooth back, so pretty. Thank you again dear friend. I will treasure it. Hey is that me that Santa is bobbing up and down. LOL



This was a great weekend, I did a lot of cooking (& eating) and spent some time with my daughter Jennifer and her children. It was lots of fun. I bought us a new Monopoly Board game to play. I thought it was so funny. No more money in monopoly, only a credit card and a machine. LOL No more passing out all them bills. We all enjoyed it. No more buying boardwalk, or railroads, we buy COUNTRIES!! LOL Just like the children I got a big kick out of using the little banking ATM machine. It made me wonder are they preparing for the future maybe there will be no paper money at all. As is I know quite a few people who don't carry any cash and use their ATM cards for everything. It was fun I must admit and interesting.

Happy Tuesday everybody!! xoxox

18 comments:

staci said...

Love your SG pin pillow...beautifully stitched and finished. And that is a really lovely ornament from Siobhan.

That is funny about the new Monopoly...but I still feel nostalgic about the originals :)

Melissa said...

Love your finish Sharon and how you personalized it. The finishing is beautiful.

The ornament from Siobhan is perfect for you.

I haven't seen the new Monopoly game, do they still make the ones with money? Ours is in the garage probably missing all the money, LOL.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on your beautiful long pillow finish... I love that design! Siobhan's ornament is fabulous too!

Margaret said...

Love finish and I love Siobhan's ornament too! I sure hope they still make classic monopoly games! That is so bizarre!!!!

Deb said...

You're joking right - not Monopoly money, but an ATM machine? I've got to get that! The kids will love it!

Love your finish and have to agree that Herringbone Stitch is just the perfect finish for your beautiful pillow.

And that ornament from Siobhan is wonderful! What a treasure to receive.

Sherry said...

I love the SG pillow! You did a beautiful job on it. It makes me want to pull out my kitted design and start working on it. Love the Santa too. What a sweet gift.

Stitch Wizard said...

What beautiful finishes you have here! I love them all!!

Shelleen said...

cute pillow finish.

Dona said...

Yes, the herringbone stitch is perfect for it. It's a great finish!

Siobhan's ornament is very cute. What a nice thing!

Interesting Monopoly game. I had no idea it can be played with a credit card and ATM machine!

Michelle said...

Your SG pillow is gorgeous! I love the look of the herringbone stitches. And what a sweetie that Siobhan is!!! Sounds like you had a lovely time. Wow - no Monopoly money? I think that's against the law isn't it?

Cari said...

Sharon - your finished SG pillow is BEAUTIFUL. Good Job... And that sweet Siobhan...she's a nice sister friends isn't she? I'm going to be on the lookout for that Monopoly game with the ATM...what the heck?? Way too much fun! HUGS

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What an awesome finish, Sharon! It turned out really cute and yep, love those stitches!

A great git from Siobhan, too! Gotta love those PS Santas!

My son has a huge collection of Monopoly games - everyone loves the one with the ATM!

Siobhán said...

Woo hoo, Sharon! Love the finish! I had my chart out so I'd do it this winter and now am not sure just where I put it while cleaning up the Christmas stuff. I just love yours--great job!

Hillery said...

I love this piece from the sampler girl. You did an excellent job. Can't wait to see your finished ornies. I am posting mine on LHN SAL TOO, today.
Happy Stitching,
Hillery
North Country Samplings

doris said...

Love your SG finish! That's a cutie.

Also a very pretty PS Santa. We can never have too many of those.

Kellie said...

Congrats on your finish! It looks great!! :) And lucky you, getting such a pretty ornament from Siobhan. :)
That Monopoly game sounds like a hoot.

Katrina said...

Cute finishes, love them both.

That monopoly game sounds like lots of fun. I am one of those people that still likes to carry a bit of cash just in case but I almost never write a check :-).

Carolyn NC said...

This is a fantastic piece - love the PS, too!