Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Post so soon...LOL I just had to share these pics.
I know there are a lot of you that are know all about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and lots of you that are Tombies, that just love Tombstones. I just had to share these pictures with all of you, they are of Sleepy Hollows Cemetery here in New York. These pictures were taken by my nephew and his girlfriend. I am dying, ugh no not really but very anxious to go there myself and see what other interesting tombstones there are.

Here is the tombstone of the very popular Katrina Van Tassel.



Good Grief, there he is the Headless Horseman, thats him actually roaming around the cemetery. I am glad that he didn't catch them taking his picture. I met up with him once before and he was every bit as scary as you can just imagine.

11 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

OMG! I would so love to go there!!!

Margaret said...

What great pictures! We've been there once or twice. It's not far away from us, nice church and graveyard. :D I love the whole Sleepy Hollow thing!

Cari said...

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!!!

Glenna said...

What wonderful photos, Sharon! I'd love to go also!

Dona said...

Great photos, Sharon! It would be a very interesting trip.

Siobhán said...

Beautiful pictures, Sharon! I was there once but for a dance competition so didn't see anything but the inside of the hotel. :P I'd love to go again--particularly in autumn!

Brigitte said...

Thanks for sharing these great pictures. I love old graveyards and wherever I am I'm looking for old gravestones.

Michelle said...

Awesome photos!!! Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

I just love those pictures - especially Katrina's headstone!

Lynn said...

Those are great pictures. I would love to go tour the tombies.

Anonymous said...

great pics mom - jaime