Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


I just love Halloween don't you? Its such a fun day. Today at school it was so much fun seeing the little children dressed up. I know that a lot of people think its a evil day and it does date back to some pretty wicked times but I like to think that when our children dress up, they just want to have fun, no evil thoughts, just good old sticky finger, chocolate licking apple dipping fun. Don't you think? Also I know its the eve of All Saints Day and then follows All Souls day. We combine honoring the saints in heaven, remembering our loved ones that have passed and then directing the destiny of our own souls by prayer and actions.
Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Halloween but for the past 6 years it has been a bittersweet time. My sister Susan passed away suddenly in my home on Halloween 6 years ago. We were decorating for a Halloween party that we were giving and the angels came and took her home to God. I miss her every day of my life but of course since it was on Halloween I can't help but remember all the fun we had when we were children on Halloween, trick or treating, carving pumpkins and then we did all the same fun stuff with my children who miss her also. Halloween will always be special to me. I will honor my sister tonight and this weekend especially. She was a wonderful lady, a great sister and friend, and I loved her dearly and I miss her dreadfully. The pain of losing her never goes away. So I am sharing this Halloween with her in thought and in my heart. Happy Halloween Susanna Francesca, may you rest in Peace dear sweet sister of mine.

Last year I added this Halloween recipe and someone asked me for it again so I thought I would add it to my post once more.

WITCH'S TREATS
----------------------------------

1/2 cup witch's glue (margarine)
1 c monster dust (sugar)
2 bat eggs (eggs)
1 c goblins juice (pumpkin)
2 c ghost powder (flour)
"Witch's Seasoning"-
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vampire tears (vanilla)
8 oz witch's pebbles (chocolate chips)

Mix sugar and margarine.
Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin.
Combine flour and witch's seasonings,
And add to above mixture. Add vanilla.
Fold in Chocoate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls
Onto baking sheet (batter will be runny).
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
They will come out very moist-
And they won't last very long!!

Look at this picture, are they not adorable?

9 comments:

Susan in SC said...

(((Sharon))) I know Susan is looking down on you with joy in her heart that you still love Halloween and cherish her memories! The children are adorable!

Petra said...

I love the little ones dressed up in their costumes! I'm sorry about your sister...
Petra

Anonymous said...

Big hugs, gf. I always think of you & your Susan on Halloween. The Halloween revellers are adorable, too!

Anonymous said...

I sent a little prayer up for Susan. I'm sure she would want you continue to celebrate Halloween as it brings smiles to everyone and that must make her happy.

Love the little goblins and thank you for what sounds like a delicious recipe. I like to bake.

Ruth said...

Hugs to you... and smiles too for your memories.

Anonymous said...

Sharon-I know how dearly you miss your sister. I think that I'll take this opportunity to call my sister tonight and be happy that we are both alive and enjoying relatively good health.

The wee ones are just too cute. Lots of princesses and heroes. They sure don't look evil to me.

Tammy said...

Aw, I'm SO sorry you lost your dear sister. What a terrible thing to go through. Great tribute to her by enjoying your holiday with her in mind!

Pumpkin said...

Sharon, I did not know this :o( ((((HUGS)))) I can certainly see why this day has different meanings for you.

I love seeing the children dressed up :o) Thank you for such a fun recipe!

Ashlee said...

Great blogg I enjoyed reading