Friday, June 26, 2009

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!

I am so thrilled that school is out for the summer. Woohoo. I have one big week off before my summer job starts. I will be back working with most of the children I just left. LOL thats okay, summer is the best. We always have so much fun.

My granddaughter graduated from Kindergarten and it was a lovely ceremony. The children are always so cute. After the ceremony there was cake and juice for all. It was such a nice time. Most of the pictures I took did not come out very well so I am waiting to check out my daughters pictures that she took and hope she got some better shots then me.

Had to share this picture that I took on Father's day, we all went out for breakfast and Tori while eating a pancake lost her front tooth. She lost one the week before in school.

Thank you to all for the compliments on my Near Halloween Piece and of the Battledore. This is what I have been working on

I can't wait to see it complete so I can use it on my end table, I am stitching this design on a premade doily. It's called Seven Stars by Kathy Barrick of Carriage House Samplings. It reminds me of my visit to Pennslyvania with my sister friend Siobhan. There was a road named Seven Stars and the whole area was just so lovely.
I am so anxious to go back. We had such a good time.
Here is a hooked rug I purchased for my home, I just had to have it when I saw the little house and the pear trees. I just like it so much that I don't want to put it on the floor. LOL silly I know, I just don't want to see footprints and dog furries on it. LOL Isn't it pretty? Can you blame me.

5 comments:

Siobhán said...

Tori is so sweet!! I just want to break out into singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...", even if it is summer time. ;)

I can't believe how much you've gotten done on Seven Stars!! Wow! YGG. It looks fabulous. I really need to get mine out. Seeing how beautiful yours is makes me want to kick myself for not stitching it already.

I LOVE the rug! It's perfect for your house. You have such great taste. :)

xoxoxoxo

Margaret said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter! It's the bigtime now! lol! I love your WIP -- beautiful! Nice rug too. Don't blame you at all if you don't want to put it on the floor.

Carolyn NC said...

Great little picture! Lovely stitching, too. :)

CindyMae said...

Your stitching looks great! What a sweet pic!


Cindy Mae
My store opens July 1st!!
www.cindymaedesigns.com

Pumpkin said...

You're stitching that on a doily? Wow! I'd never want to use it ;o) Just like that beautiful rug you bought. LOL!