Saturday, February 20, 2010


I remarked to a couple friends that I could have weaved a basket faster then it took me to crosstitch this little basket. It seemed to take forever but I am very pleased with it and anxious to stitch the rest of the design which is just so cute.
I just love the little pears in this design.
Now here are 2 of my grandbabies, aren't they sweet. Baby Anthony came to spend the weekend with us with his Mama and got to spend time with his favorite cousin Tori. Tori is 6 now and Anthony is just 1. They are so cute together. Tori acts like a mama around him or a big sister. She climbed in the playpen with him and they napped for 2 hours together.

Here is Anthony awake...the little lovebug


While looking around on ebay I came across this book

How could I resist it. I just got it in the mail and I am anxious to read it. It is supposed to make a modern reader understand what a womans life would be like living in early New England and/or colonial times. There are some lovely illustrations in it also. Some tombstones and some needleart, samplers and other lovely things made during that time, women's art as they called it. Isn't it funny how married women were called Goodwives, and addressed as Goody this or Goody that. I would be Goody Sharon LOL I can't help but think of Goody Goody gumdrop! I wonder if anyone else remembers that saying... or am I showing my age. UGH!!

Have you heard of Mrs Meyers products?

I have been hearing so many good things about her products and have been wanting to try them. They are all natural products. I found some at HomeGoods and they smell just heavenly. I wish I had a scratch and sniff blog so I could share the scents. I just love them, I am anxious to buy some more. Next I want to try the soaps and dishwashing stuff.
Well, I guess I better go be a goodwife and get the supper done. LOL Have a nice evening everyone. XOXO

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your pear piece! Beautiful! And your grandkids -- how cute is that! It's wonderful for cousins to be so close. Mrs. Meyer -- I still haven't found any locally. I'll have to try again.

Siobhán said...

What a great piece, Sharon! I love it. The pics of the grandkids are wonderful. I love the pic of them sleeping together. You'll have to have that handy for when Anthony gets taller than Tori when they're older. ;) What beautiful eyes Anthony has--he's going to be a heart breaker! Tori sounds like she is such a caring little girl--a wonderful cousin to Anthony. :)

Brigitte said...

The basket with the pears looks gorgeous but I can see that it's a lot of solid block stitching of just one colour. That takes some time ... I'm alrwady very curious to see the rest of the design.
Oh, such cute family pictures.

Michelle said...

Your basket of pears is looking wonderful. What a nice visit you had - cute photos. You'll have to let us know about the book - it sounds great!

Roberta said...

Love the basket with the pears, understand about taking forever - some projects just seem to go on forever with slow progress.

Your grandchildren are beautiful and what a sweet picture.

Will have to look for Mrs. Meyers products.

Have a great week -- Roberta

Carolyn NC said...

Love the WIP - so pretty. Such wonderful pictures of your little sweeties!

The Scarlett House said...

Oh Good Sharon, your grandbabies are adorable. Sleeping little angels. So glad to hear that you like the Mrs. Meyers. They've been my favorite for some time. Be sure to check out their website now and then for seasonal scents.

Melissa said...

What a sweet picture of Tori and Anthony. He's one adorable babe! That book you ordered looks like an interesting read. One of my favorite quotes ever is from Laurel Thatcher Ulrich-"Well behaved women rarely make history" or something like that.